Friday 28 February 2014

Tottenham Striker Adebayor Thanks Sherwood For Getting His Confidence Back



Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor thanked Tim Sherwood for rescuing him from the wilderness after repaying his boss with a brace as Spurs overturned a two-goal deficit to beat Dnipro 3-2 on aggregate.

Spurs appeared to be heading for an embarrassing defeat in the Europa League before Chrstian Eriksen's strike and red card for the Ukranian's Roman Zozulya swung the tie back in the host's favour.

And Adebayor, who was banished to play with the under-21's when Andre Villas-Boas was in charge, took full advantage to strike twice in four minutes to set up a last-16 clash with Benfica.

"I'm very glad at being on the pitch, scoring goals, playing very well for my team, helping my team and I just have to keep the focus, keep going, keep playing well," he said.

"I want to say big thanks for the new gaffer, who came in and gave me my confidence back, gave me the stage to play on.

"Everything's going well for me, for him and for the club. We just have to keep focused and keep going to the end of the season."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...