Sunday 22 June 2014

Pitbull given honorary degree from Doral College: A surprising achievement for the rapper



Rapper Pitbull has been awarded an honorary degree by Doral College, situated in his hometown of Miami, Florida, for his support for education.  
In an acceptance speech at the college on Tuesday, Pitbull explained why, despite being a globally successful music artist, he continues to promote education behind the scenes.

"I remember being kicked out of a public school because I didn’t have the right address. That’s why I want better schools for the kids who live where I grew up," he said.

"That’s why Doral Academy was founded, and that’s why I helped create SLAM (Sports Leadership and Management Academy) in the neighborhood where I grew up - a school that offers a choice for students, like me, students who need someone to inspire them, someone to believe in them.”

The rapper was so happy that he took to twitter to show the world his recent acheivement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...