Sunday 12 October 2014

FAME AND LUV - EPISODE 8 {SLIPS AND STUMBLES}


It’s the weekend and #FameAndLuv is here!!

...This time with Episode 8 – “Slips and Stumbles.”


Find out what happens next with the 4 main characters: Shewa, Lumi, Aminu and Chi-Chi...

Last week, Episode 7 was released and it was called “The Escape”:
·         Shewa went for her first modeling job.


·         Lumi and Chi-Chi got to know more of each other


·         Shewa got molested by one of her new employers.



*****

Wondering what happens in Episode 8?
Find out right here!

Start reading Episode 8 – “Slips and Stumbles” – here...


*****


CLASSROOM4 pm.

Shewa and Chi-Chi walk into the classroom together.


Shewa is not in a good mood but she tries to hide it.
They find a free desk and sit down


CHI-CHI
I still can’t believe your face is going to be on billboards soon.

Shewa forces a giggle.

SHEWA
I can’t believe it myself. I just cashed the check today sef.
CHI-CHI
too much money! Paga your girl o!
SHEWA
I’m... excited.


CHI-CHI
so where are we going to?
SHEWA
...sure, let’s go out na – where do you think?
CHI-CHI
let’s go clubbing, just you and me.
SHEWA
haa, Chi-Chi just two of us? It’s not safe na.


CHI-CHI
abegi joor! There’s nothing there, we’ll take a cab there and take a cab back – 
we’ll dance with random boys and get tipsy; it’ll be fun!
SHEWA
you’re crazy!


CHI-CHI
I’m single.

They both laugh.

SHEWA
okay oo, if you say so. When should we go?
CHI-CHI
hmmm, maybe upper week. Shey you won’t have spent all your money by then?
SHEWA
nope, I’m keeping it in the bank, but our celebration is necessary.
CHI-CHI
yess! I can’t wait! So… gist me about the photo shoot; how was it?


Shewa forces a giggle.

SHEWA
…nothing special happened… it was alright, we just did make up, I got 
dressed then I posed for the pictures… I got to learn a lot sha.
CHI-CHI
hmmm! My girl is now a super model oo!
SHEWA
na so, I still have a long way to go o, but I’m happy I got started sha.
CHI-CHI
…and Lumi was scared the guy just wanted to wanted to have sex with you.
SHEWA
well… there was obviously no sex.


CHI-CHI
even me, I was scared the guy was a weirdo… but the truth is, you have 
what it takes to be a model, sooner or later someone would have walked up to you.
SHEWA
thank you dear, that means a lot.

They open up their books and start reading.


A short silence.

SHEWA
I even saw Lumi this morning sef.
CHI-CHI
oh yeah?
SHEWA
yeah.
CHI-CHI
I thought you guys were taking a break?
SHEWA
we still are… he just came to my hostel and asked me to come downstairs... so I came down.
CHI-CHI
you’re really torturing him; it’s not fair.


SHEWA
come on Chi-Chi, you know I’m not doing it on purpose. I’m even hurting just by seeing him hurt… it’s just not a good time.
CHI-CHI
what’s not good about now? You just got your first modeling job, so he’ll never argue with you again about it. He’s still at your door asking for you… I think it’s a good time, Shewa…. except there’s something else.
SHEWA
something else? Like what?


CHI-CHI
like maybe you don’t really love him.
SHEWA
...I… don’t even know what love is because I’ve never been in love.
CHI-CHI
and you don’t feel like you’re in love right now?

A short silence.
Shewa finds it hard to answer the question.


She forcefully turns her attention back to her book.

SHEWA
I don’t know Chi-Chi: I’m just not ready.
CHI-CHI
okay, okay, I’ve heard.

Chi-Chi turns her attention to her books also.


They both read in silence, sitting together.


*****
THIS IS A SNIPPET.
To read the full episode, go to:

Written & Produced by: Femi Balogun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...