Saturday 4 October 2014

FAME AND LUV - EPISODE 7 {THE ESCAPE}





It’s the weekend and #FameAndLuv is here again!!

This time with Episode 7 – “The Escape.”

Find out what happens next with the 4 main characters: Shewa, Lumi, Aminu and Chi-Chi...

Last week, Episode 6 was released and it was called “Make the Choice”:
·         Chi-Chi woke up naked beside Aminu,, to her surprise.


·         Lumi struggles to get Shewa back.


·         Shewa got her first modelling job.

*****

Wondering what happens in Episode 7?
Find out right here!

Start reading Episode 7 – “The Escape” – here...

***** 



CAFETERIA – 11 am.

Chi-Chi orders her from the counter.
She finds a free table to sit at.


She pulls out a chair and sits.
She starts to eat her food.
Her Phone rings. She picks it and looks at it. She sees ‘Aminu calling’.


She puts the phone on silent.
She continues with her food.
Lumi walks into the cafeteria.
He notices Chi-Chi and walks over to her. She notices him.

CHI-CHI
hey Lumi!
LUMI
hey Chi-Chi.
CHI-CHI
here to eat, abi?
LUMI
yes o. I’m starving. Had two tests today already, and have one more.


CHI-CHI
Physics is not easy o

He gisggles.

LUMI
let me order, I’m coming.


CHI-CHI
okay cool.

Lumi goes to the counter and orders his food.
Chi-Chi continues with her food.
He returns with his tray and places it on the table before sitting down.


LUMI
are you coming from class?
CHI-CHI
no, straight from my hostel; don’t have classes till twelve.
LUMI
cool. So, how are you and Aminu?
CHI-CHI
Aminu and I? Doesn’t exist anymore.
LUMI
really, so you guys are just going to be friends?


CHI-CHI
yep.
LUMI
I don’t see that happening. How long have you been together?
CHI-CHI
like three years.
LUMI
…that’s long na.
CHI-CHI
we were in secondary school then and we just never broke up.
LUMI
so why break up now?


CHI-CHI
…it’s just time. We have taught each other the things we need to know.
LUMI
hmmm... so you think relationships are just to teach you?
CHI-CHI
well, yeah… until you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.
LUMI
hmmm… interesting but most times the lesson is called heartbreak.


Chi-Chi giggles.

CHI-CHI
noo, there’s a different lesson every time but yeah, the heartbreak is unavoidable.
LUMI
wasn’t Aminu your first boyfriend? How come you know so much?
CHI-CHI
…I learn from others, I guess… and also Aminu is enough to teach you many lessons.

They both giggle.


LUMI
I think he’s a cool guy.
CHI-CHI
yeah… but a girl needs a guy that can truly love her – just the way you love Shewa.
LUMI
…well, I guess Shewa is a different type of girl because she doesn’t need that.
CHI-CHI
uh, don’t mind Shewa, she’ll come to her senses very soon. I doubt she’ll let a guy like you go.
LUMI
guy like me? What kind of guy am I?


CHI-CHI (smiling)
don’t mind me – I mean it’s obvious you really like her but she’s just scared because… she’s actually not very experienced when it comes to guys.
LUMI
I can see that, but what can you do about someone else’s fears?
CHI-CHI
…give them time to trust you, I guess.
LUMI
time? I guess.


CHI-CHI
she’ll see that you’re a good person who wants her for just her, and just her.
LUMI
I hope it doesn’t take forever.
CHI-CHI
no, it won’t.

A short silence.


They both turn their attention back to their food.


SPLITS PHOTO STUDIO, AKOKA8 pm.

Shewa and Mr. Mikel, David’s business partner, just get to the Photo Studio.
Mikel came to pick her from her hostel.
They got talking on the way here.


She got to find out that Mikel and David are business partners and childhood friends.
They enter the reception.
Temi, the Manager of the studio comes out to meet them.

MIKEL
the magician himself!


TEMI
my Oga, I’m humble o.

They shake hands.
Mikel motions towards Shewa.

MIKEL
this is the girl, Shewa.
TEMI (to Shewa)
hello there.
SHEWA
good evening.
TEMI (to Mikel)
hmmm, I can see your product is going to sell; this girl is… catchy.

They all laugh.

TEMI
yeah, I can definitely work some wonders with this beauty. (To Shewa) what’s your name again, dear?


SHEWA
Shewa.
TEMI
nice. Are you under any modeling agency?
SHEWA
no, I’m not signed up.
TEMI
wow. I would love to be your manager.
MIKEL
Mr. man, will you get to work! Which kind manager?

The two men laugh.


TEMI
no vex.
MIKEL (to Shewa)
don’t mind him o; he’s only good for taking photographs.
TEMI
you for tell me say na your girlfriend na.
SHEWA
I’m not his girlfriend.
MIKEL (to Temi)
and she’s not going to be yours either, so get to work.


Temi guides her inside the studio.

MIKEL (to TEMI)
are the costumes here?
TEMI
yes, over an hour ago.
MIKEL
how about the make-up artist.
TEMI
everything on check, sir.
MIKEL
let’s get this done quickly then.

Mikel takes a seat at the reception, while Temi and Shewa go inside.


Mikel pulls out a newspaper



THIS IS A SNIPPET.
To read the full episode, go to:
www.fameandluv.com/episode67

Written & Produced by: Femi Balogun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...