Saturday 25 October 2014

FAME AND LUV - EPISODE 10 {TROUBLE TO HANDLE}


It’s the weekend and #FameAndLuv is here!!

...This time with Episode 10 – “Trouble to handle”

Find out what happens next with the 4 main characters: Shewa, Lumi, Aminu and Chi-Chi...

Last week, Episode 9 was released and it was called “To try or not to try”:
· Shewa and Lumi finally decided to make their relationship public.


· Chi-Chi auditioned to be a TV Presenter.


*****

Wondering what happens in Episode 10?
Find out right here!

Start reading Episode 10 – “Trouble to handle” – here...



*****


AMINU’S CAR – 7:30 pm.

Lumi and Aminu are on their way to book the club for their upcoming party.


LUMI
what time did he say we should be there?
AMINU
he said seven pm o.
LUMI
it’s already seven o, and we’re still a little far away.
AMINU
there’s no problem with being fashionably late na… we’ll be there before eight o’clock sha.


LUMI
okay o. I hope the guy is not one of those very-time-conscious people.
AMINU
as a club manager? He’s already used to people coming to his club in the ‘late’ na.

They giggle.
Aminu drives on.

LUMI
I didn’t even ask yet, how was the TV audition, for Chi-Chi?


AMINU
well, not bad, I guess.
LUMI
oh yeah? What did they say?
AMINU
nothing really; they just asked her to record her voice, and then they said they’ll 
call her if she’s selected – very brief audition like this.
LUMI
hmmm… so she’s waiting for a phone call now?
AMINU
yes oo… that’s some real tension; just expecting your phone to ring and you 
don’t even know what day they’re supposed to call.
LUMI
well, I hope she gets it.


AMINU
yeah, I hope so too. I know she wants this one – hope everything is going 
smoothly with Shewa?
LUMI
…for now… but I don’t really trust her; she can change her mind any minute.

Aminu giggles.

AMINU
ahn ahn, is the girl troublesome like that?


LUMI
every time I’m with her I feel like I’m gambling… like, when 
I’m winning I feel good but I know the next second I could start losing again… 
it’s almost impossible to trust Shewa.
AMINU
that must make her fun.
LUMI
well, too much fun can kill.
AMINU
who says? As long as you don’t go throwing yourself at her you’ll be fine. You just need to give her something to chase once in a while.
LUMI
something to chase? Explain.


AMINU
there isn’t much to explain, what I just mean is; don’t make her feel you’re 
available all the time – make her miss you sometimes; make her chase you small.
LUMI
hmmm… I never do that. I just always try to make her know that I really like her.
AMINU
sometimes you have to be mean… you can’t always say how you feel; 
not with a girl like Shewa, she’s too single-minded already.
LUMI
hmmm… you know we’ve not had sex yet?


AMINU
oh yeah? Why not?
LUMI
well, she says she’s a virgin… but I’m not sure I believe her.
AMINU
virgin? Hmm… that might make sense.
LUMI
you think it’s true?
AMINU
it might be; she looks a little unaware of that side.


A short silence.

LUMI
I don’t want to put pressure on her but at the same time I really feel like 
that’s the only way to know if she really likes me.
AMINU
by having sex with you?
LUMI
yeah.
AMINU
well, that will definitely prove that she likes you; if she lets you down there.


LUMI
I think so too… I’ll invite her to sleep over in my room soon.
AMINU:
that’ll be a good idea.
LUMI
yeah.




SHEWA’S ROOM – 9pm.

Shewa is browsing on her laptop. Chi-Chi is lying beside her.


They are looking at an online Poster.

CHI-CHI
oh my God! Look at you Shewa. You look so good in the advert!
SHEWA
really?
CHI-CHI
yess oo! It looks great! I’m so happy for you…. now I can brag that I’m your manager.

They both giggle.


SHEWA
but really, I need a manager o.
CHI-CHI
so I get the job?
SHEWA
noo! I need a male manager joor.
CHI-CHI
me, your friend, Shewa?


SHEWA
I’m being serious – you’re about to be a TV presenter, you won’t have my time.
CHI-CHI
amen o! May God not let me have your time! This one that you don’t 
want to make me your manager – why do you need a guy though?
SHEWA
because of the nature of this business. Even if I was… lucky the first time, 
I don’t think I should take the risk a second time; I need a guy 
who can protect me from men who just want to sleep with me.


CHI-CHI
that’s true. Good point.
SHEWA
yeah, I’ve been thinking about it. I need a male presence when 
going for any modeling meeting.
CHI-CHI
why don’t you ask Lumi?
SHEWA
I was thinking of asking him soon…
CHI-CHI
but you know the truth? Aminu would be the best person for the job, if he has the time.


SHEWA
why do you say so?
CHI-CHI
well… I just think he’s a better politician than Lumi.
SHEWA
hmmm… yeah, Lumi might start showing that I’m his girlfriend there.

They giggle.


CHI-CHI
yeah… and that might not be best for business. You need a neutral guy,
SHEWA
okay. I’ll ask Aminu, when next I see him.

A short silence.
They turn their attention back to the magazine.

SHEWA
so when are we going to go for our ‘girls’ night out’ na?


CHI-CHI
do you know I almost forgot… let’s go today.
SHEWA
today?
CHI-CHI
yess! I need to unwind, seriously.
SHEWA
I’m not doing anything today o… but I can’t tell Lumi about it.
CHI-CHI
why not?
SHEWA
because he might have something contrary to say, and I don’t want us to 
fight again. Not yet, please.


CHI-CHI
okay fine, don’t tell him. If he asks you’ll just say you’re sleeping in my room tonight.
SHEWA
hmmm… nice alibi.
CHI-CHI
so, we’re going?
SHEWA
let’s go joor!


CHI-CHI
yaaay!!! Party!!


KOGA LOUNGE – 11:30 pm.

Chi-Chi and Shewa are seated together at a table.


They’ve been looking around, enjoying the sights.

SHEWA
so how exactly does this work? We just order drinks and start drinking?
CHI-CHI
I guess so.
SHEWA
we could have just stayed in our rooms and bought as many bottles of wine as 
we want, and we would even have more freedom to drink.
CHI-CHI
oh please, there’s no music in our rooms jor.
SHEWA
I have headphones.

They giggle.

A Waiter approaches them with a Menu.


Shewa collects the menu from the Waiter.
She goes through the prices.

SHEWA
which one are we ordering now? Champagne is twenty thousand.
CHI-CHI
hmm… let’s take that na.
SHEWA
…okay. I don’t envy boys when they buy expensive drinks. (to Waiter) Can we please have a bottle of champagne?


WAITER
okay ma.

The Waiter takes back the Menu and returns to the Bar.

CHI-CHI
come to think of it, can one bottle of champagne get us tipsy? You, that you drink like a boy.
SHEWA
so we should order two?
CHI-CHI
we should have taken vodka na.
SHEWA
…I thought about it but then I decided it wouldn’t look too lady-like 
to have vodka on our table.
CHI-CHI
lady-like? I’m not here to be a lady.
SHEWA
we can’t get drunk here, Chi-Chi, we didn’t come with anyone. 
Let’s just drink light and get back to school in one piece.


CHI-CHI
I’m not getting drunk joor – you know what? I’ll be the one to order the second
 bottle of champagne, when this one is about to finish.
SHEWA
hmmm… do we really need it?
CHI-CHI
abeg Shewa! Don’t burst my bubble!


Shewa laughs.

SHEWA
okay o, we’ll do whatever.

The Waiter returns with the champagne.


They wait excitedly as the Waiter pops the bottle and pours out glasses for them.
The Waiter places the bottle in an ice bucket and leaves.
Chi-Chi and Shewa begin to enjoy their drink.

CHI-CHI (to Shewa)
let’s dance.


*****

THIS IS A SNIPPET.
To read the full episode, go to:

Written & Produced by: Femi Balogun.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...