Sunday 15 February 2015

Rising Star Lola Savage Talks Relationship with Tiwa Savage Plus Breaking Into The Music Scene



Singer Lola Savage in an interview with Vanguard newspaper talks on her relationship with Tiwa savage, her selling point, she also talked about not trying to be like Tiwa Savage amongst other things.
I think i like her already, and she might just pop soon. See cuts from her interview below....


What is your selling point as an entertainer?

It’s my looks and my voice.I don’t have the Beyonce kind of voice or that of Tiwa, Waje or Omawunmi. My voice isn’t as strong as theirs, but I do know that I have a beautiful voice. I can sing most current songs very well. My interest lies in old school music because I grew up listening to the likes of Ebenezer Obey and  Afrobeat legend, Fela. I am going to stand out with my own voice and my looks.

Talking about your looks, are you referring to your sex appeal?

Yes, sex appeal and my style.Fashion is one thing, but style is carrying yourself in what you wear and being confident with it.That speaks a lot.

What is your relationship with her (Tiwa savage)?
We are not actually related, it’s more of an extended family affair. Savage is just one family here in Lagos.

Do people compare you with Tiwa Savage?

There  really is no comparison except for the last name.She is one of the artistes in Nigeria that have actually paved the way  for most of the female singers that are trying to do their own things.I respect her craft, I respect what she is doing. I am Lola Savage .I am just trying to do  what I know how to do best since I was a child. I am here to show Nigerians that I can do it too.I am not trying to be like anyone else.I am not trying to be like Tiwa.I can sing too and I can perform.I am just here to show Nigerians that I can build my own brand  and reach the level that some female acts  have attained today. I am confident enough to know that I can get there.
Read full interview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...